Certificate of Registration - Real Estate Salesperson
A Certificate of Registration(Real Estate Salesperson), issued by the Office of Fair Trading, will allow you to be employed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent in a sales or property management role.
The Certificate of Registration (Real Estate Salesperson) course requires completion of the following units:
- CPPDSM3019A Communicate with clients as part of agency operations
- CPPDSM4080A Work in the real estate industry
- CPPDSM4008A Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4007A Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work
Successful completion of this course will meet the educational requirements for a Certificate of Registration from the NSW Office of Fair Trading.
A Statement of Attainment will be issued upon completion of the course.
Completion of this course will also provide ‘advanced standing’ in the Real Estate Agent, Stock and Station Agent and Business Agent Licensing programs.
Legislative and licensing requirements
Once you complete the course you are able to apply for a Certificate of Registration from the Office of Fair Trading.
All applicants for a Certificate of Registration must satisfy the Commissioner for Fair Trading that he/she:
- is at least 16 years of age
- is a fit and proper person to hold a certificate of registration
- has the qualifications required for the class of certificate of registration concerned
- is not a disqualified person.
Salespersons and property managers require a Certificate of Registration and must not act as or exercise any of the functions of a real estate salesperson/property manager unless the person does so as an employee of the holder of a licence under the Act
The cost of applying for a Certificate of Registration with the Office of Fair Trading is $114.00 (as of July 2010)